My little girls' haven...

From the moment we decided we were going to build a house, the girls' room was on the top of my project list...pins I have been collecting forever on my Pinterest board were finally going to become useful to make my vision a reality! 
I wanted the room to have a subtle, feminine feel to it but still capture the essence of belonging to little girls. I also wanted it to have personalized touches 
that would reflect my girls' individuality and foster their creativity and imagination. 
 It still isn't complete {I feel it needs a few more decorative touches but am not sure which ones}
 but I decided I would go ahead and share with those of you who have been asking to see the room. Perhaps you might even give me a suggestion or two! :)
_DSC8011 Untitled-1 Naturally, we had to have one of Tnees Tpees in there somewhere! My girls love to read and that little space becomes a magical hideaway for them where they snuggle their favorite friends and cuddle up together with a book or two. Courtney outdid herself with this custom teepee, wouldn't you agree? :)
_DSC8076 _DSC8071 _DSC8075 The heart of this room's decor is the custom bedding made by Reverie by Mel. I can't describe how talented she is! I asked her to make something feminine, delicate, with a hint of vintage... and boy, did she deliver. I had been on the lookout for bedding ideas everywhere and couldn't find anything that would fit what I envisioned for my girls.
Everything from the tea-dyed lace to the delicate ruffles make it absolutely stunning and unique. This was the element that inspired the creation of the teepee, so naturally the teepee was made with the same fabric to be the perfect complement.

_DSC8063

Almost needless to say that my oldest daughter loves her new bed and thinks that it also
is a perfect spot to catch up with Eric Carle, Shel Silverstein, and Jerry Spinelli just to name a few. _DSC8032 _DSC8033 _DSC8087 _DSC8085B
Now we just need to have the white shutters installed, possibly some frames above the dresser and a quote above the window between the girls' beds? Know of any cute quotes for a little girls room? What do you think?

1 comments:

Jessica Sandberg said...

I LOVE this room! It is super feminine and fun. I think curtains, an area rug and some more pillows on the beds would tie the room together nicely. I doesn't need much, though. You've done a beautiful job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...