His Hands

So, remember my super cute and talented friend Jessica 
{a.k.a one of the bees from the Queen Bee Market and designer behind Allora Handmade}? 

Today on her blog she talked about how she has felt God's hand in her life... which got me thinking... that despite all of the different components that make each human being an individual, we all have at least one thing in common.

Probably the most important thing we can have in common: 
we are all a child of God who is deeply loved by him.

There have been times in my life when I have felt his love and care for me more intensely than others, but I have always felt that he is there. No matter what. Whether life may give rain or shine, warmth or gloom, there has never been a doubt in my life about His unconditional love and presence in my life.

I realize now that those times when this feeling of assurance was not as strong as it could be, or should be, were {and are} a result of my own doing/choice.

He never abandons us; we step away from him.

Lately I have made it a goal to make a more concise effort to recognize the little things, as much as the  big things, that are undeniable testaments of His hand in the life of my friends, family, and more specifically, my own life.

I am grateful for the many blessings that I am fortunate to have. I may not have the home of my dreams, a fancy car, the income to support all of my worldly caprices...but it doesn't matter... because I am in no way short of the things that matter: 
a wonderful companion/best friend, 
a beautiful and sweet little girl to raise,
two families that love God and love me, 
siblings that are my best friends, 
best friends that are like my siblings, etc, etc.
The list can go on and on. 

All of these blessings have taught me to understand how much He loves me. I say taught because I firmly believe that like faith itself, we have to want to see His greatness and influence in our lives; how He moves our mountains, calms our ocean's rage, and makes us whole.

I know that He lives, and just as surely that I know that He is watching over me and all of His children, I know that he loves me the way a father loves his precious daughter...      
                                                              and clearly now i see him with his hands
                                                                      calling to me and though I'm not yet as I would be,
                                                                          he has shown me how I could be.
                                                                               I will make my hands like those from Galilee. 

{excerpt from Kenneth Cope's "His Hands" }

1 comments:

jess said...

thank you Kristal! you are such a beautiful amazing woman, what a gift to know you! it was great to see you the other day, even if only for a few minutes. and it's true- God is good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...