A few tips and tricks

As a photographer, the way a session turns out is mostly dependent on you. {That is what most people think anyway}
I agree and disagree at the same time. I can do my best to nail the exposure, pick spots that have perfect lighting, suggest wardrobe pieces, and move you around like you are a puppeteer and I am the master.
However, there are some things that you can keep in mind {as the beautiful model} to make sure that your shoot will rock your world. Are you ready to be deliriously enlightened?

* Share with your photographer {ahem, that would be me. I hope!} before the shoot every single detail that has been lingering in your mind that would make this shoot absolutely perfect according to your standards. Whether it be a particular pose or prop idea, I would love to hear it!
* Know which profile is your best. We all have it! I know, it is silly, but walk over to your nearest mirror {like, right now!} and look at the amazing reflection staring back at you. Is it your left or right side that is your best looker?
* Smile! And smile and smile. Practice your smile and different expressions that best flatter your features. Personally, when I smile toooo genuinely my heritage suddenly becomes somewhat Oriental and not Hispanic {yes, I am Hispanic :) }My "small" eyes get more of the limelight when I smile a certain way. So, rehearse those smiles and expressions so that they are natural and flattering. {rehearse, rehearse, rehearse=natural.}
* Wear clothing that compliments, not accentuates, your body. I say compliments instead of accentuates because the latter can work against you. This is a no-brainer right?  I know I avoid horizontal stripes and too tight fitting clothing after Thanksgiving... But enough of that.
* Don't get so focused on the mix-and-match thing. I  promise that the less you try to match with each other, the more *natural* {important word} and relaxed your pictures will feel. Again, the key here is to complement...everyone can wear a different color and your pictures will radiate harmony if you pick the right stuff.
* Practice great posture. Not only will your knees and other important body elements thank you, but we will spend less time focusing on correcting slouches and more time snapping away at those candid moments.

That's it! Just a few things that will help make your photoshoot even better. Easy peasy, right?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...