New Beginning

In two weeks it will be the anniversary of my grandfather's passing. He was, and still is, such an important and transcendental person in my life. 

When I was young, he was always chasing us around trying to get as many pictures as he could. The man loved taking pictures. That camera that he lugged around to Disneyland when they took us for the first time 20 years ago was the same one he used to take the last picture I have of us together. 

I have never endured a more difficult passing than his. Now, all the tangible things that I have left from him are precisely photographs and his old, but trusty and beloved, film camera. I found a hobby when I was given his hobby workhorse and developed a zeal for photography when I realized that I felt closer to him when I enveloped myself in such a beautiful and rewarding art.

I treasure the keepsakes of memories that I have left of him more than anything else tangible that he ever gave me. He gave me a life of happiness and left me with a dream to follow which I am sure brings a smile to his face and makes him proud.    

Cheers to this new beginning.
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end" ~ Seneca

2 comments:

PitterPatHeart said...

It is so wonderful that you have that memory of all the love your grandfather felt for your family, and how he obviously cherished you. You can see that same love in your photographs, and I think that is what makes them so incredibly beautiful and captivating.

Kristal said...

Thank you Charity. You are so sweet :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...